Sunday, August 21, 2011

A full song

My guitar-playing goal: the learn to play 'I Will Follow You into the Dark' fully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePcHxFJIuU&feature=fvsr

It's such a beautiful song. The first time I heard this song was actually a few months, when Jordan played it (even though it's been out for a while). And I really liked it the first time I heard it and now I've been playing it quite a bit on my iPod. I must say it's definitely made it into my top 10 songs, if not the top 5.

Anyways, when I've been playing guitar, I've never really finish learning to play the full song. I usually learn the intro and then hurriedly try to sing along to it. That never works out really well, because I haven't really practiced playing the song enough on the guitar to make it sound nice and smooth. And yet I still add in singing, which makes it worse because I now have 2 things to focus on - picking and singing.

I am going to try to learn this song fully, practice to play it smoothly and then eventually add in singing. The guitar part is beautiful enough for me to enjoy playing the song anyways, without having to add the vocals in. But hopefully I will be able to do it eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment